Everyone is going gaga for GAGA BALL!! Gaga Ball is America's fastest growing dodge-ball alternative, and is cropping up everywhere from camp grounds, schools, churches, child care facilities and more! Originating in Israel in the 1970's, the word 'Gaga' is Hebrew and means "touch-touch". Gaga Ball is a fast paced, high energy sport played inside an octagon-shaped pit.
What are the Benefits of the Gaga Ball Game?
Great for Elementary through Middle School ages Bigger kids (ahem, adults) also love to play! Gaga is a fast-paced, high energy game. Players will use physical agility skills such as: jumping, turning, striking, dodging, eye-hand coordination in fast-paced game settings. Quick game turn-overs allow players multiple playing times; ie: Lots of turns! Gets larger groups of children involved at the same time. Allows supervising teacher/adult opportunity to keep entire group in one play area. Open, firm surface area, and medium size ball (with good bounce) are all that is necessary to set up Gaga pit and start playing.
How are the High-Wall Gaga Ball Pits created?
Gaga Pits are constructed of heavy duty, plastic, HDPE, polyethylene playground 12" border timbers and 8" border timbers; a proven, durable item in outdoor play environments. Each 12" timber is 52" L x 12" T x 4" W and each 8" timber is 52" L x 8" T x 4" W (Galvanized steel spike included with each for assembly/install). Timbers are stacked 3 rows high (12" on bottom, 8" in the middle and 12" on top) and locked in place using the galvanized steel spikes (comes with each timber). Triple stacked/locked timbers quickly create sturdy Gaga Ball Pit walls that are 32" tall. End-over-end timber assembly creates octagon, hexagon and near-circular ball pit shapes. Gaga Pit walls are tall enough for excellent ball containment and continual, uninterrupted play and includes an "entrance" section for easy entry/exit into fast paced games. Easy DIY Project for most maintenance crew means kids could play the same day!
What are the different Gaga Ball Pit Sizes?
- 15' Pit- Child capacity: 12-16; Dimensions: 15' Dia x 32" H
- 20' Pit- Child capacity: 16-20; Dimensions: 20' Dia x 32" H
- 26' Pit- Child capacity: 20-25; Dimensions: 26' Dia x 32" H
What do I get with my order?
- 15' Pit- (23) 12" border timbers, (12) 8" border timbers, (2) end caps, (12) 42" spikes, & rubber flooring (if desired)
- 20' Pit- (31) 12" border timbers, (16) 8" border timbers, (2) end caps, (16) 42" spikes, & rubber floor (if desired)
- 26' Pit- (39) 12" border timbers, (20) 8" border timbers,(2) end caps, (20) 42" spikes, & rubber floor (if desired)
What are the Mounting/Construction Options for the Gaga Ball Pit?
- Inground Outdoor Mounting/Construction:
- For a permanent installation, steel spikes could be cemented below ground on concrete or asphalt
- For a temporary/moveable installation, drive steel spikes into dirt or grass covered ground (without cement) allows you to move location of ball pit when desired
- Portable Mounting/Construction:
- For a portable installation, your order will come with custom designed 8" tall rubber stanchions to place under the Gaga Ball Pit for a moveable pit that won't scratch your indoor court surfacing
- Check out our Portable Gaga Ball Pits for this type of mounting and construction
Do We Offer Gaga Ball Flooring?
Yes we do! Our 5/8" thick vulcanized interlocking rubber Gaga Ball Pit flooring is perfect for play areas to help keep them safe and free of mud, dirt, rocks and sticks. The flooring comes in 48" x 72" size tiles that interlock together to create custom sized rubber flooring depending on what size pit you purchase.
- 15' Pit- 15 tile pieces- When interlocked together it creates a 19'-8" x 17'-9" rubber floor
- 20' Pit- 24 tile pieces- When interlocked together it creates a 23'-8" x 23'-8" rubber floor
- 26' Pit- 35 tile pieces- When interlocked together it creates a 27'-7" x 29'-6" rubber floor
What are the Gaga Ball Pit Surface Requirements?
Don't need rubber flooring? No problem. Gaga Ball can be played on all types of surfaces. Here is what we recommend for ideal Gaga Ball play:
- Ideal Gaga Ball Pit play surface is as smooth as possible
- Concrete or asphalt is recommended for fastest game play results (also low maintenance)
- Basketball courts for indoor play- See our Portable Gaga Ball Pits for indoor play
- Other surface options: Grass and dirt surfaces could work; however, when these surfaces are wet, and can become slippery during play
- Tampered, crushed stone aggregate base has been used successfully by some of our customers
- Wood chips are not ideal choice for ball-bouncing game-play
What type of ball is best used to play Gaga Ball?
The best ball to use for effective Gaga Ball play is at least a 8.5" rubber playground ball. We do not recommend dodge balls or basketballs for Gaga Ball Pit play as they are too light or too heavy for effective play. Noah's offers a 6-pack set of rubber playground balls or individual rubber balls perfect for Gaga Ball Pit play!
Is there an ADA Accessible Gaga Ball Pit option?
Quick answer, YES! Noah's offers a modified Gaga Ball Pit for ADA access. As of today, it is not available online. If interested in the ADA Gaga Ball Pit option, please contact the Noah's team and we will contact you with more information.
Looking for a lower wall Inground Pit? We have that! Check out the In-Ground Gaga Ball Pit product page with more information!
Looking for a Portable Pit? We have that too! Check out the Portable Gaga Ball Pit product page with more information!