Our easy to install, Raised Garden Beds are constructed using our high quality, durable, 12” plastic border timbers ordinarily used as safety surfacing containment on playground sites. The Raised Garden Beds come in multiple size and height options, and come with installation spikes to create a sturdy, yet portable garden bed border option if you ever need to move or extend the garden beds. Our beds also come with custom cut weed mat to ensure that weeds don't disturb your students’ hands-on learning education.
Included in Raised Garden Bed purchase:
- FREE SHIPPING available for the 48 contiguous states. If you are outside of the United States, please call our offices at (877) 248-5444 or email us for an accurate freight quote.
- 12" Border Timbers (item # 2BY2412)
- Galvanized steel spikes for a secure installation (item # SP30)
- Custom cut commercial grade Weedmat to cover ground for each size option purchased
Border Timber Raised Bed Size Options:
- 4' x 4' Square Raised Garden Bed: (4) 12" Border Timbers for the 12" high garden bed
- 4' x 8' Rectangular Raised Garden Bed: (6) 12" Border Timbers for the 12" high garden bed
- 4' x 12' Rectangular: (8) 12" Border Timbers for the 12" high garden bed
- 8' x 8' Square Raised Garden Bed: (8) 12" Border Timbers for the 12" high garden bed
- 12' x 12' Square Raised Garden Bed: (12) 12" Border Timbers for the 12" high garden bed
- Customized Size and Shape Raised Garden Bed: If you need a garden bed that isn't perfectly square or rectangular, just call us at (877) 248-5444 and we can chat about size and shape needs and get you a proper price and quote.
- Product dimensions: 52" Long x 4" wide x 12" tall - fits end-over-end for finished length of 48"
- Designed & constructed with highest number of inside support joints to be strongest border on the market
- Reversible wood-grain texture one side and pebble texture on reverse
Playground Border Timbers have become a popular option for building raised beds and have several benefits over other common materials. Here are some of the benefits of using our 12" border timbers for garden beds:
- They drain really well because the joints where the borders interlock aren’t water tight but still fit closely together. This allows water to flow through while containing the soil.
- They help keep the soil warmer which extends the growing season allowing you to get plants in earlier in the spring and keep them out later in the fall.
- They are very modular, making it easy to create beds in many different sizes and shapes.
- They are super easy to install. All you have to do is get the borders lined up and drive a spike through the hole that adjacent borders share. Installing the borders was the easiest part of the whole project.
- Filling up or removing soil from a bed is much easier because you can drive a wheelbarrow inside the bed if you need to. All you need to do is remove a spike and pull out a section to make an opening for the wheelbarrow. When you’re done just put the section back in place and reinstall the spike and you’re all set.
- They are easy to change down the road because you don’t have to cut or screw anything together. Want to extend out a 4′ x 8′ bed? Turn an existing bed into an L-shaped bed? Move a bed to a new area? All very easy to do with playground borders.